Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's A Classic Tale

Honestly, my life couldn't be more "typical story book" or "overdone plot in a movie" right now. I really feel like that girl in all of the movies, maybe in your high school, that was "that one girl." Oh you know the one- she's pretty, talented, smart, has lots of friends [some closer than others, but mostly everyone is in the trusted inner circle-or at least thinks they are]. She has a cool family, tells really captivating stories, can make you feel warm and accepted with just a simple smile, has an infectious laugh that even when sitting across the room you want to join in on whatever it is that she's laughing about because you want to be a part of her life. She's really good at everything and even if she's not good at something [which, almost NEVER happens] she's humble enough to admit her lack of knowledge, making you love her even more.

Men stare at her in awe of her physical beauty. Women either stare of glare at her inner beauty that radiates outward. Children love her innocence and trust her guidance and wisdom. Older folks love her maturity level and her easy-going nature. You just can't help but love her on some small level. She makes you feel good when she talks to you. She has the uncanny ability to make your entire day better just with a simple, "hello, how ya doin?". She's near perfect, but never quite reaching perfection.

Women and men all around automatically assume she's in a fantastic relationships with someone of good caliber. Like a future doctor, lawyer, or even a minister. She's too perfect to not have someone waiting for her every night. He treats her with kindness and respect and loves her unconditionally. There's no question there's a lucky man in her life.

Sad story, my friends, is that this girl- doesn't have this charmed love that seems so "natural" or "duuuuuh-OF COURSE!". No- there has yet to be a man who is worth her. Or maybe she's not worth him. Women and men automatically assume I have a boyfriend. For women, it's the kind heart and the nurturing ways. For men, it's the body, the sex appeal, the looks. Either way- isn't it just wrong to be single?! This is their thought.

Yes. I am single. I am this girl. I have everything a man could want and need, yet no one has come along who thinks I'm worth the time and effort. I'm not high maintenance or needy or insecure [not anymore anyway.] Yet...no one.

This is the sad, sad tale of Kiranda.

No comments: